One of the core values of Chainge is security and efficiency – so we totally protect your data and we worship the ownership of our clients` assets including their personal data.
1. Even though we want to guarantee access to a new world of opportunities and this may imply some risks due to the fact that we use blockchain as the main technology so you can get full freedom of finance with no middleman or third parties, to ensure the performance of the operations.
2. Chainge does not and will not sell personal information. We only use the information that you give us and the public information received from the social media platform when you sign in with your social media account.
3. We have analyzed, classified, and defined our processes and the necessary security level for each process. Thus, we will use personal information for defined purposes.
4. We want our platform to be available and used worldwide. Therefore, we take into account and want to comply with every applicable privacy and security law.
5. Security is one of the most important values of our platform, so we invest in cybersecurity in order to protect information and to prevent attacks on our platform and to assess the risks and vulnerabilities that may occur.
6. When our process is based on your consent, we will take all necessary measures to handle the legal mechanism to exercise it according to your will.
Name and surname
Social media accounts
Date of birth
The details of the device you use
Records of our discussion
Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log-in information, the browser type and version, the time-zone setting, the operating system and platform, the type of device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use;
We will use publicly available information about you from selected social media websites or apps to carry out enhanced due diligence checks. Publicly available information from social media websites or apps may also be provided to us when we conduct general searches on you (for example, to check for multiple accounts and to merge them in case we discover that you have multiple accounts).
- Visit our website;
- Sign in to our waiting list;
- Complete the challenges given in order to earn points;
- Share links, articles to your social media platforms;
- Contact us;
- Fill in any forms;
- Use our product;
We collect public information from social media platforms through API. You can access the links below to check which personal data is transferred by these platforms:
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies?ref=pf;
For LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement?trk=homepage-basic_footer-user-agreement;
For Telegram: https://telegram.org/privacy;
For Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy;
For WeChat: https://www.wechat.com/en/privacy_policy.html?fbclid=IwAR2lwl5BI80FWrA_tgIQjtpHZdBDTjihCiPaMV-DkOdlDGTYSHNMdNZj3YE;
For Toutiao: https://www.toutiao.com/privacy_protection;
For BaiduTongJi: https://tongji.baidu.com/web/help/article?id=330&type=0;
- If you agree to enroll on our waiting list;
- If you consent to receive promotional and marketing information about our products;
- If you tick a box to indicate that we can use your personal information for certain scopes, but we will indicate that is a process that can be performed only after you consent;
- If you agree to sign in with social media platforms;
After you agree to enroll on our waiting list, we use your data in order to perform our contractual obligation that we assumed in our Terms and Conditions.
- If we are transparent and we act fairly in regards with you, we
pretend the same thing. One person can have only one account. We will
check, regularly, based on our legitimate interest fake accounts or
multiple accounts of one person.
- We want to provide the best experience so we check technical issues that may arise while using the website.
- To keep our services up and running including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to make sure that content from our website is presented in the most effective way for you and your device;
- To prepare anonymized statistical datasets but it will not be linked with your personal information;
At this moment, before the release of our app, we do not collect data for legal or public interest. As soon as we will identify processes that rely on these basis we will update this policy.
- Upon your request, we can give a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; by exception, we cannot give information if your data is linked to other people’s information.
We may hold incomplete or incorrect information and you can ask for rectification. Before we update the information, we may need to check the accuracy of the information.
You can ask us to delete your personal data if:
- you want to delete your account;
- you gave us consent (permission) to use your personal data and you have now withdrawn that consent;
- you have objected to us using your personal data;
- we have used your personal data unlawfully;
You can object to processing when data is used:
- for our legitimate interests;
- for scientific or statistical purposes;
- for direct marketing purposes.
This right is similar to your right of access but there are some
differences. Specifically, the right only applies to data that:
- is held electronically, and
- you have provided to our website.
You can make a portability request at any time when the processing of
- relies on your consent to use your personal data, or
- uses your data as part of a contract you have with us.
You have the right:
- not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing if the decision affects your legal rights or other equally important matters;
- to understand the reasons behind decisions made about you by automated processing and the possible consequences of the decisions, and
- to object to profiling in certain situations, including for direct marketing.
You can ask to temporarily limit the use of your data when you are
- a challenge you have made to the accuracy of your data, or
- an objection you have made to the use of your data.
- You may also ask to limit the use of your data rather than delete it if:
- we processed your data unlawfully but you do not want it deleted,
- we no longer need your data but you want us to keep it in order to create, exercise or defend legal claims
We may make automated decisions about you. This means that we may use technology that can evaluate your personal circumstances and other factors to predict risks and attempts to fraud our system by creating multiple accounts in order to earn more points. We do this so that our services are efficient and to ensure that decisions are fair, consistent and based on the right information.
Where we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to ask that it is manually reviewed by a person.
Usually, we apply automated decisions for identity and address checks, detecting fraud, keeping to contracts and agreements between you and us.
At this moment, until the app’s launch, we do not share personal data with any supplier. But, there can be some specific situations when we might share your personal data for advertising purposes. These will be marked in accordance and we will ask for your specific consent.
As we target our services worldwide, we may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order for us to provide our services. All your data will be stored on our servers, in Hong Kong, so there will be an international transfer outside EU/EEA. We signed standard contractual clauses in accordance with European Data Protection Legislation.
If you would like additional information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As stated beforehand, we price security, integrity, availability of the personal data. We use a variety of physical and technical measures to keep the personal data safe and prevent data breaches. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems with control over access to information using both physical and electronic means. Our staff receives data protection and information security training. We have detailed security and data protection policies which the staff are required to follow when they handle your personal data.
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data will be kept secure, we cannot guarantee it will be secure during transmission by you to our website. We use HTTPS (HTTP Secure), where the communication protocol is encrypted through Transport Layer Security for secure communication over networks and site.
When you use our services, which includes our social network accounts, we advise not to share any personal data that you don't want to be seen, collected or used because these information will become publicly available.